Job ID 547728BR
Location Glendale, California, United States
Business Disney Parks & Resorts
Brand Walt Disney Imagineering
Date posted 04/19/2018
“We Change Lives.” Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation – from concept initiation through installation – of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
What Disney is looking for…
- Be responsible for providing creative, production and/or technical land and urban planning support to the Master Planning and/or project specific teams across WDI
- Provide design and analysis documentation in the form of graphic illustrations, imagery, boards, color renderings and research and documentation on assigned projects
- Assist department team members with HR, R&D, and budgetary issues, thus gaining the opportunity to “learn the ropes” regarding departmental management, Company procedures, consultant contracts, etc. and more fully contribute to the business of the Department
- Assist with site analysis, 3D visualization and property-wide master planning initiatives
- Act as a liaison/coordinator between a specific project or development team(s), and the Master Planning Studio on relevant, day to day, planning related design issues, etc.
- Work closely with the Designer and/or team leaders to coordinate and assist in executing site planning analysis, 3D visualization and master planning services
Ability to learn key project delivery methods while working on a variety of project types and scales
- Knowledge and proficiency in two or more of the following computer software applications is mandatory: Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), ArcGIS, AutoCAD
- Additional working knowledge of industry proven digital design tools, software/applications, i.e. 3D Studio Max, SketchUp or CAD/GIS extensions, (Civil 3D, 3D Analyst, Network Analyst) BIM is preferred
- Ability to graphically communicate and problem solve; via sketching, model building, digital design, etc.
A portfolio review is required for this position. For full consideration, please include a link to your portfolio on your résumé. Applicants without a portfolio link on their résumé, will not be considered a completed application packet and may not be fully considered for the position.
- Membership in relevant professional organization(s)
- Some job related experience of large scale community, resort and digital based design, in architectural, city planning or urban design practice desired
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or graduated within the past 6 months, from an accredited college/university, earning a degree majoring in in Architecture, Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture or related field
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months.
For More Information: