Application Deadline- 7 February 2019, 17:00 GMT
Engagement Fellowships develop emerging leaders from a range of backgrounds so they can engage the public with health research.
Who can apply
You can apply for an Engagement Fellowship if you have at least three years’ experience in engaging the public with health research.
You should want to undertake a self-directed fellowship that will enable you to:
- transform the ways in which organisations and/or platforms involve the public in health research
- build new networks and share learning
- shape future professional opportunities
- develop yourself as a leader.
The fellowships are open to a wide range of people, including (but not limited to):
- community leaders or social entrepreneurs
- academics exploring health and wellbeing (for example, biomedical or social scientists and medical historians)
- leaders in third sector organisations (for example, charities and other non-profit organisations)
- professionals working in the arts and creative industries
- clinicians or healthcare professionals.
You should be based in the UK or the Republic of Ireland.
We’re looking for people who see missed opportunities in how people can be empowered by and help to shape health research.
Areas of interest include (but are not limited to):
- reaching audiences who have fewer opportunities to engage with research
- creating people-centred, inclusive research practice
- addressing future health challenges, including epidemic preparedness, drug-resistant infection, and understanding and using patient data.
We will review:
- your vision or the challenge you want to address
- how your proposal aligns with our public engagement goals
- the difference you want to make during and after the fellowship
- what leading this change means to you
- how you’ll develop your leadership skills and challenge yourself
- why now is the right time for you to undertake this fellowship
- how you want to engage with Wellcome during the fellowship.
If you’re employed by a UK academic organisation, we want to know how they will help you to embed public engagement when you return.
An Engagement Fellowship is for up to two years, or you can hold it part-time over a longer period. The support includes:
- Salary or Salary buyout
- Project costs
- Travel and Subsistence
- Training where appropritae
- Access to meeting space and facilities at Wellcome during the fellowship
- Opportunities to work with Wellcome Trust staff to develop project ideas, where appropriate
- A fellowship support programme, including facilitated progress meetings, senior management support meetings and career coaching.
How to Apply:
You must submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT).
For More Information: