Application Deadline- July 24, 2018
Wellcome Trust exists to improve health for everyone by helping great ideas to thrive. Wellcome Trust is a global charitable foundation, both politically and financially independent that support scientists and researchers, take on big problems, fuel imaginations, and spark debate.
Applications are opened for the July round of the Wellcome Senior Research Fellowship. Research Fellowships support independent researchers who want to tackle the most important questions in science and who are leaders in their field.
You can apply for a Senior Research Fellowship if you’re already leading your own independent research programme. The programme of work you propose must be innovative and ambitious.
You should have a higher degree (PhD or equivalent) and significant research experience.
You should be able to show:
- your work is important, original and has impact
- you have made important contributions to your area of research, eg publications, patents, software development or an impact on health policy or practice
- you are developing an international reputation as a research leader in your field
- you’re committed to developing and mentoring less experienced researchers.
You must have sponsorship from a head of department or equivalent at an eligible host organisation. Your host organisation must be located in one of the following:
- Republic of Ireland
- a low- or middle-income country (only nationals of low- or middle-income countries have this third option).
If you hold, or have held, a senior fellowship supported by another funding body, you can apply for a Senior Research Fellowship of up to 5 years (not 7 years). You will need a 50% salary contribution from your host organisation. After this, you can’t apply for a renewal. Please contact the relevant Science team to discuss this and to find out how to apply.
If you’ve been away from research (eg for a career break, maternity leave, shared parental leave or long-term sick leave), we’ll allow for this when we consider your application.
- a basic salary (determined by your host organisation)
- a fellowship supplement of £12,500 if you’re paid on a non-clinical salary scale
- personal removal expenses
- research expenses, including research staff
How to Apply:
You must submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT).
For More Information: