Western Union Pride of the Caribbean – UWI Scholarship Programme 2015/2016
Application Deadline: August 31st 2015
- Cave Hill Campus (Barbados),
- Mona Campus (Jamaica),
- St. Augustine Campus (Trinidad & Tobago) and/or Open Campus.
- Two (2) students will receive US$5,000 each and five (5) students will receive US$1,000 each towards tuition fees, accommodations and living costs associated with their education.
The award is available to full time registered students for the 2015/2016 academic year at one of the UWI’s On Campus, Off Campus or Open Campus Facilities and are:
- Caribbean nationals, Caribbean born, or of Caribbean parentage (a US-born child of at least one Caribbean-born parent).
- Currently residing in the Caribbean
- 18 years or older.
- Entering level two (2) and above of their undergraduate degree programme
- Graduate students must have obtained at least an Upper Second Class Honours degree at the undergraduate level.
Applicant’s or one of the Applicant’s parents’ country of origin must be one of the following countries• Jamaica • Haiti • Bahamas • Guyana • Cayman Islands • St. Kitts & Nevis •Barbados • Bermuda • Dominica • Grenada • Turks & Caicos Islands • Trinidad & Tobago• St. Lucia • Anguilla • Belize • Montserrat • British Virgin Islands • Antigua & Barbuda• St. Vincent & the Grenadines
The award is based on:
- Maintenance of a high level of academic performance (GPA of 3.0 or above);
- Demonstrable involvement in co-curricular activities;
- Verifiable financial need.