Application Deadline:May 15, 2017
The Women Enhancing Technology (WeTech) Goldman Sachs Scholars Program is a partnership between the Institute of International Education (IIE), a leader in the world’s most prestigious scholarship and fellowship programs, and Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS), a leading global investment bank and active investor in India, that invests in young women and future leaders in information, communication and technology (ICT) in India.
WeTech believes that providing young women university scholarships for degrees in the ICT sector has tremendous impact on their retention and success rate in their chosen field, at a time when the global tech industry desperately needs more women educated, trained and entering into ICT careers. Combining this financial support with a 6-month structured mentorship program will also enable these women to connect with professionals working in the field who can provide them with valuable advice, guidance, and support to ensure their success as they enter into technical careers after graduation.
The scholarship eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Applicant must be female
- Applicant must be a citizen of India
- Applicant must be a current undergraduate student at a participating university in her second or third year of studies
- Applicant must be seeking a degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other ICT-related studies
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate leadership potential in their chosen ICT field (reference letters will be required)
- Applicant must be willing and available to participate in a virtual mentorship for a six-month period in late 2017
- Scholarships will be issued to university students from eligible universities in India in the amount of $1,500 for the 2017 – 2018 school year.
- The financial award may be used to cover fees associated with a student’s academic course of study and is not strictly limited to tuition. WeTech holds the right to stipulate fees disbursement and utilization structure.
- The scholarship recipients will also be expected to complete a 6-month virtual mentorship from approximately June/July through December 2017. Scholars will be connected with experienced mentors from Goldman Sachs.
- March 30, 2017: Online application opens
- May 15, 2017: Scholarship application closes
- June 2017: Scholarship and mentorship winners announced
For More Information: