Application Deadline: January 2nd 2018
The WeTech Qualcomm Global Scholars Program serves as one component of the Qualcomm commitment to helping women and girls enter and succeed in technology careers. Through the various WeTech initiatives, Qualcomm is reaching women and girls at each step along the path from early education to a career in STEM.
The Global Scholars Program awards scholarships to female university students in China, India, Taiwan and South Korea and matches each scholar with a mentor from a Qualcomm global or U.S. office in order to support and encourage the young women to succeed in their chosen fields.
- Promote STEM education and expand opportunities for young women in China, India, Taiwan and South Korea
- Build a future STEM workforce by providing scholarships to female undergraduate students
- Enhance the long-term impact on the scholarship recipients by supporting mentoring as an integral component of the program
- Applicant must be female
- Applicant must be a citizen of a participating country
- Applicant must be able to communicate in English
- Applicant must be a current undergraduate student in her second or third year of studies at an accredited university in the participating country
- Applicant must be seeking a degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) or other STEM-related field
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate leadership potential in their chosen field (reference letters will be required)
- Applicant must be willing and available to participate in a 6-month virtual mentoring program from March to August 2018
- Scholarships will be issued to university students from eligible universities in participating country in the amount of $2,000 for the 2018 school year.
- The scholarship recipients will also be expected to complete a 6-month virtual mentorship from March through August 2018.
- Scholars will be connected with experienced mentors from Qualcomm.
- Upon successful completion of the virtual mentorship students will receive an academic scholarship to assist with the cost of undergraduate education
January 2, 2018
- Application deadline
January 10, 2018
- Recommender deadline
Early February 2018
- Award winners announced
March – August 2018
- 6-month virtual mentorship
For More Information: