Application Deadline: June 30th 2016
WFUNA’s 6th Human Rights Youth Program
25-29 July 2016, United Nations, Geneva, Switzerland
The annual WFUNA Human Rights Youth Program, implemented continuously since 2011, has reached 135 young leaders and thousands of beneficiaries through the locally implemented participants’ projects. It draws its strength from the high-quality intensive training in Geneva, the thorough selection process of the participants and the support provided on the ground by the dense network of WFUNA’s national United Nations Associations. Most importantly, the program gives a real opportunity to the youth participants to transform theory into practice by implementing a project of their own using the skills and knowledge they have acquired.
The four days training includes intensive tutoring, discussions with key human rights actors and provides instructions on how to follow up on education activities to be carried out by participants with the support of the UNAs.
The training is carried out annually for 20 – 26 UNA Youth staff or members, between 18 – 25 years old, who have a good knowledge of international institutions, are highly committed to human rights, driven, creative, and well-organized.
By the end of the training, participants :
– are able to explain the international human rights system, its instruments and mechanisms;
– are able to identify opportunities for civil society to interact with the UN human rights mechanisms;
– demonstrate an understanding of basic skills in project cycle management;
– are able to develop their own human rights awareness raising or education project to be implemented in their community and in collaboration with their UNA.
- To apply, UN A youth must be endorse d by their UNA, between 18-28 y e a , r s old,
have a good knowledge of international institutions and be highly committed to
human rights .
- The 2016 training is also open to non-UN A members.
- Please use the online application form to apply by 30 June 2016:
More info: http://bit.ly/1FauL6A
Participation Fee UNA members: 200 USD (OECD) 150 USD (non-OECD country)
Non-UNA me mbers: 500 USD.
For More Information: