Application Deadline: March 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. (EST)
The President, First Lady, and White House staff are committed to providing young leaders an opportunity to develop their leadership skills and serve their country through the White House Internship Program. This program was developed to provide hands-on experience and cultivate meaningful skills.
The White House Internship Program
A select group of young men and women from across the country dedicate their time, talents, energy, and service to better the White House and the Nation. These committed citizens become part of the White House team. The assignments given to an intern on any given day could include: conducting research, managing incoming inquiries, attending meetings, writing memos, and staffing events.
While interns’ responsibilities and tasks vary by department, all interns are united through weekly events, including a speaker series and small group meetings exploring different policy aspects within the Executive Office of the President. Most importantly, the internship experience emphasizes community, and interns participate in service projects at schools and non-profit organizations in Washington, D.C.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens, must be 18 years of age on or before May 30, 2017, and must meet at least one of the following criteria to apply:
- Are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution)
- Have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution) no more than two years before the internship program start date.
- Are a veteran of the United States Armed Forces who possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty–for any length of time–in the two years preceding the internship program start date.
Selection as a White House Intern is based on the following criteria:
- A commitment to public service
- Demonstrated leadership in the community
- A commitment to the mission of the Trump Administration
A completed application includes answers to several short questions, one longer essay, personal information, a resume, and 2 letters of recommendation
For More Information: