Application Deadline: April 10, 2019, midnight CET/MEZ.
The Wimmel Research Fellowship« will be awarded as part of a joint project between Robert Bosch GmbH, Akademie Schloss Solitude, and Wimmelforschung. The collaboration is based on the development of Platform 12, an experimental space designed by the artistic duo Wimmelforschung in collaboration with Bosch as part of Bosch’s center for research and advance engineering in Renningen. The fellowship is meant to encourage artists and researchers to explore new ideas and to shape future-oriented concepts together. The main focus is not necessarily the production of a specific artistic work, but the encounter and process of dialog in itself.
- Individuals can apply for a fellowship. The fellowship is open to artists of all ages with the exception of currently enrolled university or college students.
- The fellowship is a residence fellowship; continuous daily presence (Mo–Fr) at Platform 12 is mandatory.
- Prior to the fellowship there is minimum one-day mandatory orientation as well as a first meeting with Wimmelforschung and Robert Bosch GmbH in Stuttgart and an interview before and after the fellowship.
- Good language skills in English or German are essential
- The funding period amounts to a maximum of three months.
- A monthly stipend of 1,200 euros (plus one-time expenses incurred by the fellowship holder traveling to and from Stuttgart from their primary residence)
- If applicable, a project-related budget.
- A combined apartment studio, furnished with electricity, water, and heat free of charge
- For the duration of the fellowship the respective artist will be mentored by Wimmelforschung, Akademie Schloss Solitude, and the Robert Bosch GmbH.
For More Information: