Winter School 2017 on Federalism and Governance (Scholarship Available)
Application Deadline: Sunday, 23 October 2016.
The Winter School on Federalism and Governance is a common cross-border project of the Institute for Studies on Federalism and Regionalism of the European Academy Bolzano/Bozen (EURAC), the Faculty of Law and the School of Political Science and Sociology of the University of Innsbruck. Since its first edition 2010 it takes place under the auspices of the Secretary General of the Council of Europe.
The Winter School analyzes the phenomena of federalism, regionalism and multilevel governance from a legal and a political science perspective. Every edition pays special attention to a particular topic, which is approached in detail by legal scholars, political scientists and practitioners. The next edition of the Winter School will take place from 30 January-10 February 2017 and will focus on power-sharing in federal systems.
The two-week postgraduate programme welcomes an international audience: young researchers and academics, post-docs and post-graduate students, civil servants from a local, regional or national government as well as employees of international organizations or NGOs.
The Winter School is designed for those who wish to upgrade their knowledge of federalism and regionalism through an interdisciplinary and comparative approach, including:
- young researchers and academics
- post-docs and postgraduate students
- civil servants from local, regional or national government
- employees of international organisations or NGOs
Please note that the programme builds on assumed prior knowledge of federalism.
The participation fee for the Winter School on Federalism and Governance 2017 is € 250,00 (= two weeks Winter School excluding accommodation).
- This participation fee covers: course materials, guided tours in Innsbruck and Bolzano/Bozen, bus transfer from Innsbruck to Bolzano/Bozen at the end of week 1 (Saturday, 4 February 2017), welcome coffee and welcome lunch, welcome dinner, access to the libraries and internet access at both venue sites (i.e. at the Faculty of Political Science, University of Innsbruck and at EURAC Bolzano/Bozen).
- The participation fee does NOT cover: Accommodation, meals, travel costs and other expenses not listed above
Participants do, however, have the possibility to book their accommodation in Innsbruck and Bolzano through the organizers.
Option 1: € 820,00 – includes 13 nights-accommodation in a single room with breakfast (= 1.070,00 Euro including participation fee of 250,00 Euro)
Option 2: € 590,00 – includes 13 nights-accommodation in a twin room with breakfast (= 840,00 Euro including participation fee of 250,00 Euro)
Both single and twin room accommodations are available on a first-come-first-serve basis upon enrolment. The participation fee (without and with accommodation) has to be paid upon enrolment in December 2016.
The organizers of the Winter School will award a limited number of scholarships. The organizers distinguish between:
- “full scholarships” covering the accommodation costs in a 3 -bed room for 13 nights plus breakfast in Innsbruck and Bolzano/Bozen and a small contribution towards the participants’ travel expenses (refund after the Winter School). max. 3 scholarships are available.
- “partial scholarships” covering the accommodation costs in a 3-bed room in Innsbruck and Bolzano/Bozen for 13 nights plus breakfast. max. 7 scholarships are available.
Scholarships are limited and will be awarded based on merit and need; preference will be given to students and applicants from non-European countries.
Please note that holders of these scholarships are still required to pay a participation fee of € 150,00- upon enrolment. The scholarships will be awarded after all applications have been processed by the end of November 2016.
For More Information: