Women’s Sport Leadership Academy 2018 for women leaders in sport.
Application Deadline: 10th November 2017.
The Women’s Sport Leadership Academy (WSLA) is dedicated to developing tomorrow’s leaders of sport. WSLA provides unique development opportunities for women leaders from around the world to step up, take the lead and make an impact. Since 2014, 138 women from 34 countries have become graduates of the Academy. They come from a range of sports organisations, including:
- National Olympic and Paralympic Committees
- International and National Sport Federations
- Sport for development charities and organisations
- Sports departments in universities
- Sports clubs
- Media consultancy businesses.
WSLA are seeking applications from women who:
- Are currently in middle management, or recently appointed senior managers or Board members, of sport or sport-for-development organisations
- Have key areas of responsibility such as managing staff (or likely to be doing so soon), heading up a specific department, area or project for their organisation
- Have the passion and drive to pursue their own professional development
- Are committed to influencing change in an organisation or sector of work
- Are identified as future leaders by their organisation
- Are committed to making a difference to as well as enhancing opportunities for women and girls in and through sport
- Have good written and spoken English (min IELTS 6.5). Please note that no translation service will be provided.
By the end of WSLA 2018 participants will have:
- Further developed confidence and competence in a range of leadership behaviours
- Produced a Personal Development Plan with clear goals
- Developed career strategies
- Participated in regular networking
- Improved intercultural understanding
- Developed greater self-awareness.
- Gained better knowledge and understanding of the global women and sport movement and the relevance to them
- Acquired access to the international WSLA Alumni network and extended their own network.
All interested women are asked to submit a completed application form, a current curriculum vitae/resume and an endorsement from your employer. You can do this by completing the electronic application form.
The application deadline is 10th November 2017.
For More Information: