Wyoming Arts Council Fellowships 2018
Application Deadline- June 4, 2018
Applications are juried by noted artists and professionals in the field and who are from outside the state. The deadline to apply to the fellowships is June 4.
The Visual Arts Fellowships are selected based on the artist’s portfolio and honoring work that reflects serious and exceptional investigation. Artists working in any media may apply. Up to three fellowships may be given each year. Applications must be submitted online through CaFE. The jurors for this year’s Visual Arts Fellowships are Ruth Bruno from Colorado, and Adriane Herman from Maine.
The Performing Arts Fellowships are given to honor excellence in the artists’ field and are based on appropriate media samples and artist statements. Four fellowships will be awarded. Two fellowships will be given in the category or Music; applicants may apply either in Composition or in Performance, and two fellowships will be awarded in the category of Theatre and Dance; applicants may apply in either Creation or in Performance. Artists may only apply in one category (Music or Theatre and Dance) and applications must be submitted online through Submittable. The juror for this year’s Performing Arts Fellowship in Theatre and Dance is Justin Ross from New York, and the juror for Music is Deborah Schmit-Lobis from Colorado.
The Creative Writing Fellowships are awards of merit, based on a writer’s body of work, and honoring Wyoming’s literary artists whose work demonstrates exceptional writing. One fellowship will be awarded in each category of Poetry, Creative Nonfiction, and Fiction, for a total of three fellowships. Writers may only submit in one category and applications must be submitted online through Submittable. The jurors for this year’s Creative Writing Fellowships are Cecily Parks from Texas for the Poetry category, Mike Scalise from New York for the Creative Nonfiction category, and Andrew Altschul from Colorado for the Fiction category.
- You’ll receive $3,000 up front
- Fellowship recipients agree to participate in the Wyoming Arts Council Biennial Exhibition, and are included in the catalog produced.
- You’ll sign a contract that verifies you’re eligible to receive this award.
- You’ll need to supply a bio and a head shot for publicity.
- You will retain all rights to this work and the work you produce during the grant period.
- You must fill out a final report form, due August 31, 2019, which asks questions about how this award helped you and what you accomplished during the year you received it.
For more information, contact Rachel Clifton at the Arts Council, 307-777-5305 or email@example.com.
For More Information: