Application Deadline: November 29th, 2015.
International Society of Tropical Foresters, Yale Chapter
Since 2014, Yale ISTF has offered an Innovation Prize at its annual conference to honor outstanding initiatives and ideas related to tropical forest use and conservation. In 2016 the Yale Chapter of the International Society of Tropical Foresters (ISTF) invites you to participate in its 3rd Annual Innovation Prize.
With this in mind, the 2016 ISTF Innovation Prize will be awarded to a creative and innovative project that has furthered sustainable development through using tropical forests to meet one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals.
All projects that have made concrete strides toward achieving the SDGs through creative solutions connected to sustainable tropical forest use and conservation are eligible, regardless of whether they were originally developed in connection to the international development agenda.
How are the winners selected?
- Winners will be selected based on their ability to demonstrate:· A creative and innovative approach to linking tropical forest use and conservation with sustainable development.
- Clear applicability, transferability, and demonstrated success in achieving one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Successful implementation of the project that has been resilient, adaptable and self-sufficient in the face of challenges.
- Evidence of empowering communities to further innovate to achieve sustainable use and conservation of tropical forests.
· Be led by a local organization in a tropical developing country
· Be concluded or in the process of implementation
· Show environmental impact, social inclusiveness, economic feasibility and originality
The 2016 ISTF prize amounts are:
· First place: $2500
· Honorable mention: $1000
How to Apply:
- All applicants should fill out the online application form by November 29th, 2015.
- Please note, it may be easier to type answers in a separate word document and copy-paste them into the form.
- Yale ISTF would love to receive photos of your project to better understand your work.
- Please send 3-5 pictures relevant to your initiative to this email email@example.com.
For More Information: