Application Deadline: 11:59PM (GTM+8) on December 17, 2017.
The YSEALI SEA Camp for Southeast Asian youth returns! Save Philippine Seas (SPS), in partnership with the U.S. Embassy in the Philippines, is pleased to announce the call for applications for the 2018 Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) Sea and Earth Advocates (SEA) Camp in Bohol.
The 2018 YSEALI SEA Camp-Bohol seeks civic-minded, environmentally-passionate youth leaders to create and implement solutions that address environmental sustainability issues in the region. The application is open to residents of all 10 Southeast Asian countries: the Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Laos PDR, Thailand, Myanmar, Brunei, Cambodia, and Vietnam.
The YSEALI SEA Camp in Bohol marks the 11th SEA Camp event. The program will bring together 30 youth leaders, ages 18-23, from March 19-26, 2018. All expenses (e.g., transportation, accommodations, and materials) will be covered by the project.
The YSEALI SEA Camp is a U.S. Embassy initiative to promote ocean conservation and youth leadership. During the week-long program, the participants will undergo a series of workshops to build skills such as public speaking, project management, and stakeholder consultation. The participants will also have a chance to explore the biodiversity of Bohol through snorkeling and visits to other well-loved landmarks, such as the Chocolate Hills and Loboc River.
At the end of week, participants will also pitch project ideas to promote sustainable development and protect natural resources in their home communities. The top project ideas will receive seed funding and mentorship to support project implementation over the subsequent five months.
Applicants from all academic and social backgrounds are encouraged to apply (e.g., communications, arts, social science, natural sciences, engineering, public health, law, etc.). They must exhibit a track record of leadership, volunteerism, and participation in socio-civic activities. A leadership role in environmental projects or organizations is preferred but not necessary.
All YSEALI SEA Camp applicants must:
• Be 18-23 years old during the SEA Camp
• Be able to attend the full duration of the SEA Camp independent of a parent/guardian
• Have a strong interest in conservation, environmental sustainability, volunteerism, and advocacy
• Be a member of YSEALI. Registration is immediate and free.
• Must be a citizen of any of the 10 Southeast Asian countries
Providing false or incorrect information (e.g., over- or underage) will be grounds for disqualification.
• Fill out the online SEA Camp application form. Forms cannot be edited once submitted. Applicants can read and answer the Word document before filling in the online form, which can be viewed and downloaded here. Do not e-mail a filled out copy of the Word document as your application form, unless there is a problem with submitting the online application form. If you are having problems accessing the online form due to unstable internet connection, please inform the SEA Camp team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A scanned copy of the biodata page of your passport. Filipino citizens may submit other official IDs (driver’s license, SSS, school ID, etc.).
• Submit a clear headshot for the announcement of participants, preferably a clear, well-lit photo taken in front of a plain background. See sample of photos below (more samples here).
For More Information: