Application Deadline- 31st of December 2018 23:59 CEST
From January 2019 until December 2019, a new group of young Israelis and Palestinians will become a part of Youth Peace Initiative’s Young Leadership Experience. As part of this one-year programme, YPI is organising the Middle Eastern Peace Process Conference from the 2nd until the 9th of March 2019 in the Netherlands. During this conference the participants will engage in dialogue sessions, workshops
and trainings to develop themselves on a personal and professional level. In order to facilitate this process, YPI is recruiting a delegation of youth from (post-)conflict countries to attend the MEPP Conference 2019.
The international delegation will be made up of participants that live in (post-)conflict areas, who have experience in conflict resolution activities in their country and are able to share their experiences with the group, and who are able to contribute to the dialogue as impartial partners.
We are looking for people that are able to share and reflect on their experiences with conflict and post-conflict mechanisms and to maintain constructive dialogue between the participants. The aim of the international delegation is to offer different perspectives on conflict and post-conflict interactions in different regions and to offer the Israeli and Palestinian delegates the unique opportunity of recognition, (self) reflection and development.
As an international participant of the conference, you will thus take up a facilitating role throughout the week, while gaining unique knowledge from the trainings, workshops and dialogue sessions yourself.
In short, YPI is looking for participants between 18-29 years old from (post-)conflict countries, such as Cyprus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Northern Ireland and Colombia, that are:
- Experienced in conflict resolution and peacebuilding activities in their region;
- Eager to develop themselves on a personal and professional level;
- Proficient in English;
- Familiar with the history and background of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict;
- Fully available to be in the Netherlands from the 2nd – 9th of March 2019.
Applicants should email their motivation letter (max. 500 words), and curriculum vitae
to email@example.com before the 31st of December 2018 23:59 CEST.
Skype interviews will be planned in the week of 14 January 2019.
The motivation letter should address the following elements:
- Why do you want to participate in the MEPP Conference 2019?
- What is your experience in conflict resolution or peacebuilding in your country?
- How will your experiences benefit the group?
- What do you hope to learn during the MEPP Conference 2019?
- How will you implement your newly acquired knowledge after the conference?
Youth Peace Initiative covers the costs of transport (including the travel to and from the Netherlands), meals, and accommodation during the week of the conference.
For More Information: