Application Deadline- Jan 4, 2019
TERC is now accepting applications for the 2019 Youth Science Institute (YSI) program. Gain hands-on experience in a variety of science disciplines and interact with scientists, experts, and engineers during TERC’s after school program held on Wednesdays from January 23 to May 22, 2019.
The Youth Science Institute (YSI) is a 16-week hands-on after school science exploration program open to local high school students in grades 9-11. The program runs from late January to May (1/23/2019-5/22/2019) on Wednesday nights from 4 to 6 PM. Each week students engage in a self-guided, professionally supported investigation of a new topic in science through a 2-hour interactive lab or project.
In the Youth Science Institute, students work closely with researchers, professors, and guest presenters to dive deeper into various scientific disciplines. Students explore aerospace, aviation, chemistry, earth science, forensics, forest ecology, geoscience, lake science, medical science, physics, snow science, robotics, and more. Each YSI session aims to stimulate curiosity, nurture interest in further scientific study, promote continued engagement, and prepare students for lifelong learning.
Program Enrollment Requirements:
- Complete application
- Complete personal interview
- Enrolled in grade 9, 10 or 11
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Tuition of $300 (Scholarships available!)
- Learn new laboratory, leadership, and job skills
- Work with scientists, researchers, and graduate students
- Opportunity to become a paid intern
- Acquire completed community service hours
- Earn a certificate of completion
- Receive a letter of recommendation
For More Information: