In the 15-month ZF Global Trainee Program, you will become acquainted with work at ZF, rise to the challenges of a daily work routine, and apply the knowledge gained during your studies to successfully complete international projects.
The objective of the ZF Global Trainee Program is to learn how to creatively and effectively master challenges in an exciting and dynamic work environment in the automotive industry. Therefore, you should be able to work independently and flexibly. Furthermore you should fulfill the following requirements:
Course of studies
The program is primarily directed at graduates and above average grades. You should have a Master‘s or Bachelor‘s degree in a technical or commercial course of study and be able to present documentation of relevant research papers or practical applicable experiences through internships.
As one of the world‘s largest systems supplier ZF combines all relevant key technologies for the mega trends Safety, Autonomous Driving, Efficiency and E-Mobility and is ideally prepared for the automotive future.
You should be interested in these areas.
Duration and start
The 15-month ZF Global Trainee Program begins each year in July and October.
Format of the program
You can apply for the following tracks of the Trainee Program.
- Automotive Innovation & Digitalization (PDF, 374.9 KB)
- Materials Management (PDF, 472.5 KB)
- Finance / Controlling (PDF, 531.0 KB)
The Automotive Innovation & Digitalization Trainee completes his/her project in various departments. You have the chance to explore topics such as Artificial Intelligence, E-Mobility, Safety, Digitalization, Connectivity or Autonomous Driving. At the end of the program you choose the area that offers the best career opportunities.
The Finance / Controlling Trainee respectively Materials Management Trainee rotates through various departments of his/her technical area of expertise and thus prepare specifically for the department hired for.
The area of activity comprises the following tasks:
• Organizing and implementing four individual projects at different ZF locations (three projects within home country, one project abroad)
• Working on a joint group project throughout the complete course of the program
• Participating in different workshops and seminars
• Getting to know our broad product portfolio by means of a three-week assignment in Production
• Setting up a comprehensive network within ZF
• Taking over a permanent position after completion of the trainee program
• GPA of 3.0 in a commercial or technical discipline
• Relevant internships in the area e.g. R&D, Production, Sales, etc.
• Internationality or work experience abroad
• Fluent in written and spoken English, good knowledge of German would be an asset
• Willingness to work independently and autonomously with a high degree of personal initiative
• Great communication skills and willingness to work in an international team, mobility, interdisciplinary interest, creativity
For our ZF Global Trainee Program, we recruit trainees from different countries. Please refer to the list below for more information on the application period in the respective regions.
|Region||Application period||Application process|
|North America||September – February||Online application|
|Asia/Pacific||January – February||Online application for applicants from the Region of Asia/Pacific (currently inactive)|
|Europe||February – April||Online application for applicants from the Region of Europe (currently inactive)|
We will conduct telephone interviews after a preliminary selection. Applicants who are on the shortlist will then be invited to an
Assessment Center, which will take place at different dates in the respective region.
For More Information: