Application Deadline: May 25th 2016
17th Annual American Studies Summer Institute U.S. Presidential Elections: Window into American Society June 22 – 24, 2016
Hosted by America House Kyiv, in cooperation with Taras Shevchenko National University
The Public Affairs Secti on of the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv, in cooperation with the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, is pleased to announce the 17th American Studies Summer Institute on the topic “ U.S. Presidential Elections: Windowinto American Society.”
This event will take place at the U.S. Embassy’s cultural center America House Kyiv June 22-24, 2016. University lecturers, researchers,NGO leaders,lawyers, and journalists from throughout Ukraine are invited to apply. Participants will be selected on a competitive basis.
The Summer Institute in American Studies is an intensive summer program of lectures, seminars,
discussions, and simulations that provide participants an opportunity to spend several days deeply immersed in American Studies. Each year the Institute has a different focus.
In 2016, participants in the Institute will discuss the American electoral system and upcoming U.S. Presidential elections. American professors and other specialists will conduct lectures and lead
discussions. The working language is English.
• Junior lecturers at Ukrainian institutions of higher learning who are teaching or developing American Studies courses in their home institutions;
• Young researchers, lawyers, NGO leaders or journalists with experience or a strong interest in American Studies;
• English language fluency
- Send your application package, including the completed application form and a statement of purpose in English, explaining why you would like to participate in the American Studies Summer Institute Program.
- You will also need to include a letter of recommendation (in English or in Ukrainian) from your university administration or relevant supervisor indicating support for your participation.
- The Embassy will cover the cost of tuition and lodging, and will provide a meals allowance for the three-day event in Kyiv for the selected participants.
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation to the summer institute venue inKyiv.
- Application forms are available at U.S. Embassy’s web site http://ukraine.usembassy.gov or by contacting the program coordinator at KyivAccess@state.gov, tel. (044) 521- 5763.
For More Information: