Application Deadline: March 6th 2015 (Receiving deadline of paper application via surface mail)
Based on the success of the programme since 2008 Steiermärkische Sparkasse Bank in cooperation with the University of Graz again announces the program “Best of South-East”, aiming at the advancement and further education program for talented and dedicated graduates und students in and from Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (F.Y.R.O.M.).
The program’s aim is to provide the target groups mentioned above with international work experience as well as training and further education opportunities. Furthermore, a trainee program or internship makes it easier for students to enter professional life.
Graduates or students in economics or law at universities in Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia” (F.Y.R.O.M.) or students at Austrian universities who come from one of these countries will be given the opportunity to complete a trainee program or an internship program at the Steiermärkische Sparkasse Bank or in another Styrian business. Selected courses at the University of Graz will round off the academic training and education of the students.
- Students still enrolled at bachelor level at the time of application (i.e. 06.03.2015), can only apply for the internship program.
- Students enrolled in a diploma program (i.e. program not in line with the Bologna system, comprising bachelor and master level in one program) who are already in the second part of their studies (4th or 5th year), can apply for the trainee program.
Note though that in case of selection, enrollment at the University of Graz will be at bachelor level.
- Graduates having completed the bachelor level by the time of application (i.e. 06.03.2015) or already registered in a master program are eligible for the trainee as well as the internship program.
Both program options last a year (September to August):
- Graduates participating in the “Best of South-East” trainee program will also be given the possibility of extending their language skills in addition to their one-year training in the Steiermärkische Sparkasse Bank or in another Styrian business as well as attending the selected courses. The last month of the trainee program will be completed at one of its locations in South-Eastern Europe. Trainees selected for the program must complete a minimum of 16 ECTS / academic year at the University of Graz.
- Students participating in the “Best of South-East” internship program are in the last third of their studies and will be given the opportunity during the one-year stay in Graz of taking courses relevant for completing their studies at their home university. The two-month internship in the summer after the end of the academic year gets the participants strongly involved in the daily business of the Steiermärkische Sparkasse Bank at one of its locations in Styria or at one of its locations in South-Eastern Europe. Internship candidates selected for the program must complete a minimum of 30 ECTS / academic year at the University of Graz
Interested parties have to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Very good command of English and good command of German
- Native tongue: Slovenian, Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, Montenegrin or Macedonian
- Degree in economics or law with very good marks
- Dedication, strong communications skills, flexibility, analytical and practical economic thinking
The total amount of financial aid per year and participant is a maximum of EUR 10,000 and specifically consists of the following services:
- Provision of accommodation in one of the dormitories in Graz (single rooms)
- EUR 420 spending money per month
- Intensive language course or semester language course at the “Treffpunkt Sprachen” language center of the University of Graz
- Registration at the University of Graz
- Tuition waiver for the University of Graz
- Various networking events throughout the year
Deadline: 06.03.2015 (Receiving deadline of paper application via surface mail)
Applications are to be handed in via surface mail only sent to the Office of International Relations of the University of Graz.
For More Information: