2015 Canadian Journalists for Free Expression Bob Carty Free Expression Fellowship
The deadline to submit an application is Friday, June 26, 2015.
Canadian Journalists for Free Expression (CJFE) is excited to announce the Bob Carty Free Expression Fellowship, which will provide financial support to individuals or groups working on projects that further the growth of free expression in Canada.
The Fellowship will be awarded annually to aid projects that contribute to the protection and analysis of free expression issues in Canada. CJFE welcomes application submissions for a range of projects:
• Academic research
• Enterprise or investigative journalism
• Events or conferences
• Other projects that will enhance transparency and accountability in Canada
Fellowship applicants must demonstrate a clear link to a free expression issue in Canada and make a solid contribution to advancing this issue.
- All Canadian residents are eligible to apply for the Fellowship.
- The recipient must be present in Canada for the duration of the Fellowship.
- Applicants may be an individual, a team of persons, or an organization.
- If the applicant plans to involve others in this project, they must be identified on the application form.
- The Fellowship may be undertaken as a full-time project completed over a short time period, or as a supplementary endeavor over a longer time period alongside the recipient’s present employment or studies.
- The 2015-2016 Fellowship will begin in September 2015 and may last for no more than one year. However, it may be completed at any time during those 12 months.
- CJFE and the recipient will agree on a monitor to oversee the progress of the project.
- The successful applicant will receive a grant of up to $7,000.
- Payment of the total award will be evenly divided over three payments while the project is being completed.
The application asks for the following categories of information:
- • General information about the applicant(s) and project
- • Project description and expected outcomes
- • Project budget
- • Curriculum/Curricula vitae for the applicant(s)
- • Reference letter(s) for the applicant(s)
For More Information;