Application Deadline: February 1st 2015
The Edison Scholars Program rewards public and private high school seniors who show potential for a successful college career and have financial need. The program supports the study of math, physics, chemistry, engineering, materials science, computer science or information systems with renewable scholarships at four-year colleges. The scholarship is part of Edison’s longstanding tradition of investing in the future by making the dream of a college education a reality for deserving students.
This scholarship program is administered by Scholarship Management Services, a division of Scholarship America. Scholarship Management Services is the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship and tuition reimbursement programs for corporations, foundations, associations and individuals.
Who is eligible?
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a high school senior with a cumulative grade point average of 2.8 or higher on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent.
- Live in or attend a public or private high school in areas serviced by Southern California Edison (SCE) or attend an eligible high school in the designated area surrounding SCE’s San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS). Consult the lists of eligible high schools below.
- Plan to attend an accredited four-year college or university in the U.S.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study in one of the following disciplines for the entire upcoming academic year: math, physics, chemistry, engineering (electrical, computer, chemical or mechanical), materials science, computer science/information systems.
What are the details of the award?
- Up to thirty (30) awards of $10,000 per year, totaling $40,000 over four years, will be granted.
- Awards are renewable for up to three additional years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance and continued full-time enrollment in one of the designated fields of study at a four-year college and continuation of the program by Edison International.
- Awards are for undergraduate study only.
How do I apply?
Only online applications will be accepted.
- Click Register to Apply link at the bottom of this page.
- You will need to read and agree to an Online Application Consent.
- Register with a username, password and email account which will accommodate bulk mail to create your account. Write this information down and keep it on file for use in accessing your application. If this information is lost or forgotten you will have to start over, registering with a different email address, user name and password.
- Read all instructions carefully.
- Use standard capitalization – Jane Smith, not JANE SMITH or jane smith.
- You may leave the site by clicking on the Save and Log out tab located on the left navigation bar.
- You may return to the application by entering your username and password exactly as you created them.
- Required fields are marked with an * asterisk. You will be unable to submit your application until all required fields are completed
Phone: 1-507-931-1682 Refer to the Edison Scholars Program
Edison Scholars Program
Scholarship Management Services
One Scholarship Way
Saint Peter, MN 56082
For More Information: