Submission Deadline: 15 August 2015 at 23:59 (CET). Entry is free of charge.
What comes to your mind when you think of nature, economy and well-being? The European Environment Agency (EEA) invites you to share your views and observations of Europe’s environment in a photography competition ‘Picture2050 – Living well, within the limits of our planet’.
In its(7EAP), the European Union has defined the following long-term vision: ‘In 2050, we live well, within the planet’s ecological limits. The prosperity and healthy environment stem from an innovative, circular economy where nothing is wasted and where natural resources are managed sustainably, and biodiversity is protected, valued and restored in ways that enhance the society’s resilience.
- The competition is open to citizens of the EEA member countries and West Balkan cooperating countries.
- All participants must be 18 or older. You must have full copyrights to the submitted material.
How to Participate:
- To participate in Picture2050, you may choose to depict a personal or a generic story, consisting of three photographs, depicting your vision, interpretation or understanding of ‘living well, within the limits of the planet in 2050’ along the three objectives of the 7EAP: natural capital; resource-efficient, low-carbon economy; and human health and well-being.
- In addition to the first, second and third prize, Picture2050 offers a Youth Prize and a Public Choice Award.
- Competition winners will receive cash prizes, and all participants might have a chance of getting their work promoted by the EEA and its partners across Europe.
How to enter?
- Take or create a series of three original photos (long side >2000px) supported by a short text and following the guidelines in the Competition Rules. Each photograph submitted needs to be 10 MB or smaller.
- Fill in the online submission form.
- Upload the files to the competition page.
For More Information: