The purpose of granting internship is threefold:
a. to enable carefully selected graduate students to participate in the multicultural and intergovernmental work of the ILO;
b. to offer the opportunity to the participants to acquire knowledge of the ILO’s environment and to deepen their understanding of the ILO’s goals, policies and activities;
c. to enable the ILO-Brussels office to benefit from the assistance of persons with relevant knowledge and skills in areas within the scope of the mandate of the ILO.
The tasks will include:
- research on various policy issues including the drafting of analytical papers and reports on issues related to ILO’s activities;
- monitor and report on EU policy developments relevant to the ILO;
- assist in organising events, attend conferences and meetings, prepare minutes and reports, assist in the preparation of input and presentations;
- assist in developing content for the ILO-Brussels website (www.ilo.org/brussels);
- perform administrative support and assistance;
- carry out any other tasks relating to the work of the Office, as requested by the Director of the ILO-Brussels Office.
Eligibility and prerequisites:
a. be in their last year of a Master degree or above, or have completed their studies no earlier than one year prior to this application preferably in Political Science, International Relations, Law or Economics;
b. have a strong interest in international and European social and employment issues and a basic knowledge of the ILO, EU institutions and the UN system;
c. be proficient in English, knowledge of Dutch and/or French would be an asset;
d. have excellent editorial skills in English;
e. be computer literate;
f. have an adequate health insurance;
g. the intern must meet all expenses for travel and subsistence.
Candidates can apply for ILO internship only if:
a. They have no close relative serving in the ILO.
b. This is their first and only internship with the ILO.
a. 6-month internship (24 August 2015 – 23 February 2016);
b. Full-time position of 40 hours per week (9:00 am -1:00 – 2:00 pm – 6:00 p.m.);
c. 2,5 days of leave per month of work;
d. Monthly compensation of 750,00 €.
a. Individuals who are interested in undertaking an internship at ILO-Brussels should submit their CV together with a motivation letter stating how it will contribute to their overall academic and professional goals.
b. Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
c. Both documents should be sent by 26 June 2015 to: email@example.com.