Application Deadline: February 16, 2015.
The J.N. Tata Endowment offers loan scholarships for higher studies abroad only. The loan amount (ranging between Rs.1,50,000/- and Rs.6,00,000/-) awarded to each scholar is determined by the norms laid down for the purpose and does not cover the full cost of studies. All applicants do not necessarily qualify for the maximum amount.
Selected scholars may also qualify for a gift scholarship from the Jamsetji Tata Trust and a Travel Grant from the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust, based on the sole discretion of the Trustees of the concerned Trusts. A gift scholarship can amount to a maximum of Rs.10,00,000/-
The Scholarship Programme
The uniqueness of the J.N. Tata Endowment Scholarship Programme lies in its inherent flexibility and transparency. The programme is open to:
- All Indian nationals irrespective of caste, creed, community, socioeconomic background, gender and geographical location.
- All age groups, up to 45 years, covering the entire spectrum of scholars – from fresh graduates to mid-career professionals and academics with several years of work experience.
- Scholars pursuing full-time higher education in all areas and fields of study, with newly emerging fields of relevance to the country.
- Scholars pursuing higher studies abroad irrespective of the selected course or training programme, or a full-fledged Master’s, Doctoral or Postdoctoral programme.
- Only Indian nationals are eligible for the scholarship.
- Graduates from a recognised Indian University, with a consistently good academic record.
- Students in the final year of a degree course and those awaiting final-year results.
- Academicians and other mid-career professionals, up to the age of 45 years, with experience in their fields, who wish to go abroad for further specialised training.
Applications for the loan scholarships are invited by the Endowment once a year, through advertisements in leading Indian newspapers in the month of December, for the following academic year.
- The application is to be made on a prescribed form available at the Endowment’s administrative office from December 8, 2014 to February 16, 2015.
- The prescribed form can be obtained either personally or on payment of an application fee of Rs.100 by cash, or by sending a request by a ‘Money Order’ or ‘Demand Draft’ drawn in favour of “The J. N. Tata Endowment” mentioning the applicant’s full name, contact numbers and address to enable the Endowment to post the form.
- Completed application forms, along with all the duly certified enclosures, should reach the Endowment’s office not later than March 9, 2015.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called in for a mandatory personal interview that is conducted by relevant subject experts in Mumbai, between the months of March and June.
- The Endowment awards a one-time loan scholarship only at the beginning of the course.
- Candidates applying for the scholarship should already have applied for admission to the university they plan to join.
- Students awaiting admission can also apply for the scholarship, the final award of which is subject to their securing admission and obtaining the relevant visa.
- If a separate selection round is held for the Spring semester, applications for the same are accepted in the month of October of the previous year.
The J.N. Tata Endowment, Administrative Office, Mulla House, 4th floor, 51, M.G. Road, Fort Mumbai 400 001.Tel: (022) 66658282, 66657681, 66657198, 66657774
For More Information: