The Roma Initiatives Office invites young Roma university graduates from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia to apply for 12-month internships in institutions and organizations that work on European Union integration.
The Roma Initiatives Office considers it crucial for Roma with appropriate knowledge and skills to play a role in this.
- be of Roma origin;
- be citizens of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, or Serbia;
- have a university degree (BA or higher degree);
- be no older than 35 years of age;
- be willing to learn about EU integration and enlargement issues;
- have one to three years of experience working on Roma inclusion issues;
- have work experience in government institutions or Roma NGOs;
- have excellent oral and written communication skills in English (knowledge of other languages in the region is an advantage); and
- have the ability to complete tasks in timely fashion with minimal supervision, both as individuals and as members of a team.
The internship period is 12 months. Candidates should commit to the internship on a full-time basis, Mondays through Fridays, starting from September 2015.
Interns will be required to report on their learning experience according to guidelines provided by the Roma Initiatives Office. They also should be available to participate in training, conferences, and interviews to which they are invited by the Roma Initiatives Office
Applicants should submit the following documents in English (as .doc or .pdf attachments) to Shejla Fidani, program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- motivation/cover letter: letter should describe the applicant’s interest in this program and the specific learning objectives for work in the host organization, the applicant’s skills and qualifications, and the added value the applicant will contribute to both the hosting and sponsoring organizations
- curriculum vitae (CV)
- two letters of recommendation (from previous employers, educational institutions, recognized public authorities or individuals, etc.)
- letter of agreement from the host organization, signed by the appointed mentor or supervisor, including a brief learning plan and the expected results from the internship
- personal action plan (see attached form)
The deadline for submitting applications is midnight Central European Time on July 25, 2015.
For More Information: