Application Deadline: May 31st 2015
The Young Leadership Programme on Forest-Based Bioeconomy: Focus on Russia offers a unique opportunity for 20 young professionals with leadership potential to interact with their global peers and better understand the emerging opportunities and challenges that the Russian forest sector and its governance is facing.
The YLP programme is aimed at emerging leaders from the research and development, governance, administration or business side of the forest sector or a related area (e.g. natural resources management, environmental policy, climate change, energy, bioeconomy), who are working in or with Russia.
Participants will share practical experience and work together to develop the types of leadership skills and collaborative solutions that translate knowledge into effective action.
Participants on the YLP will:
- learn about the science-policy-business framework affecting the development of the Russian forest sector and its potential for bioeconomy
- advance their interdisciplinary knowledge and analyze trade-offs to understand the opportunities and challenges of the Russian forest sector and its role in bioeconomy
- explore innovative policies, technologies and institutions that promote the sustainable development of the forest sector in Russia and its contribution to the bioeconomy
- strengthen their skills in communication, collaborative leadership and facilitating multi-stakeholder processes
- experience cross-cultural and cross-sectoral learning with peers from Russia and beyond, creating a lasting network
- interact with EFI, UEF, LUKE experts in Joensuu, the most important knowledge hub on Russian forest sector outside Russia, as well as a pilot region to explore bioeconomy principles in Finland.