Application Deadline: March 15 2015
Are you a UK teacher looking for professional and personal development?
Are you interested in a post-to-post exchange with Canada or Australia?
The Commonwealth Teacher Exchange Programme (CTEP) is a great opportunity for teachers to develop professionally and personally, by experiencing life in another education system and culture. For the academic years 2015-16, the two countries on the programme are likely to be Australia and Canada.
The Commonwealth Teacher Exchange Programme (CTEP) has been running for 100 years, initiated by the League for the Exchange of Commonwealth Teachers (LECT). It is now being managed by the Commonwealth Youth Exchange Council, an education and development charity and an accredited Commonwealth Association, which is a subsidiary charity of The Royal Commonwealth Society
You need to:
• have a minimum of five years teaching experience, inclusive of the probationary teaching year.
• hold QTS / a degree plus PGCE certificate / BEd
• be able to demonstrate the professional, academic and legal requirements set by the host education jurisdiction
• have an excellent professional record backed up by full references
• be prepared to adapt to a varied teaching context and potentially challenging situations
• commit to making the exchange year a success and bringing your learning back to your UK institution
• commit to the full agreed exchange period (normally one year, but shorter periods can be negotiated)
• provide suitable accommodation for your exchange partner, usually your own home, although alternative rented accommodation may be arranged. Both participants must have sole occupancy of accommodation.
For More Inforamtion: