Application Deadline: 30 June 2015 at 11:59 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).
Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships are internationally competitive, merit-based scholarships provided by the Australian Government that support citizens around the world to undertake study, research and professional development in Australia and for Australians to do the same overseas.
The Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships build Australia’s reputation for excellence in the provision of education and research, support the internationalisation of the Australian higher education and research sectors and offer high-achieving Australians opportunities to increase their knowledge and expertise in their field.
To be eligible to receive an Endeavour scholarship or fellowship, applicants must:
- be aged 18 years or over at the commencement of their programme
- be a citizen and/or permanent resident of a participating country
- commence their proposed programme after 1 January 2016 an d no later than 30 November 2016. Applicants who have already commenced or will commence their intended programmeprior to 2016 are not eligible to apply
- provide all relevant supporting documentation (section 9)
- not currently hold or have completed,after 1 January 2014,an Australian Government sponsored scholarship and/or fellowship (directly administered to recipients by the Australian Government. A list can be found http://internationaleducation.gov.au/endeavourfaq
- not apply for a category in which they have already completed an Endeavour scholarship or fellowship.
The Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships offer opportunities for:
- postdoctoral researchers
- vocational education and training students ( international applicants only)
- study, research and professional development programmes in any field in any of the participating countries
- travel and establishment allowances
- payments towards tuition
- monthly stipend
personalised support provided by a dedicated case manager:
- pre-departure briefings
- advice on health and travel insurance, accommodation, security and legal matters
- payment of allowances
- opportunities to attend professional development workshops and receptions
- membership of an active alumni network to maintain the professional relationships and friendships established
All recipients will receive:
- travel allowance: $3,000 (provision to pay up to $4,500 under special circumstances)
- establishment allowance: $2,000 (fellowships) or $4,000 (scholarships)
- monthly stipend: $3,000 (paid up to the maximum category duration on a pro-rata basis)
- health insurance for the full category duration (OSHC for international recipients)
- travel insurance (excluding during programme for international recipients)
- Endeavour scholarship recipients will also receive tuition fees paid up to the maximum study/research duration on a pro-rata basis.
- Tuition includes student service and amenities fees.
Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship (international applicants only)
The Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship provides financial support for international applicants
to undertake a postgraduate qualification at a Masters or PhD level either by coursework or research in any field in Australia for up to four years.
Endeavour Vocational Education and Training (VET) Scholarship ( international applicants only)
The Endeavour Vocational Education and Training (VET) Scholarship provides financial support for
international applicants to undertake vocational education at a Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree level in any field in Australia for up to two and a half years.
Endeavour Research Fellowship (Australian and international applicants)
The Endeavour Research Fellowship provides financial support for international postgraduate students and postdoctoral fellows to undertake short-term research (4 – 6 months) towards an overseas Masters, PhD or postdoctoral research in any field in Australia, and for Australian postgraduate students and postdoctoral fellows to undertake short-term research(4-6 months) towards an Australian Masters, PhD or postdoctoral research, in any field, overseas.
Endeavour Executive Fellowship (Australian and international applicants)
The Endeavour Executive Fellowship provides financial support towards professional development opportunities (1- 4 months) for high achievers in business, industry, education or government for international and Australian applicants.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 2016 Australian Government Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships for study in Australia