2016 DairyNZ Agriculture Scholarships for study in New Zealand
Application Deadline: 7th December 2015
Introduced in 2001, DairyNZ Scholarships are awarded to outstanding students with a particular interest in dairying, who are undertaking an agriculture or agricultural-related degree at Lincoln, Massey or Waikato Universities.
Each year, bright young Kiwis have the opportunity to apply for their share of more than $300,000 worth of scholarships on offer from the dairy industry. Annual Tuition fees to the value of $6325 are funded for up to 4 years. Recipients are also supported and mentored throughout their time at either Lincoln, Massey or Waikato Universities as well as being given opportunities to network with industry leaders.
The scholarships assist students meeting the costs of university study at Massey University, Lincoln University and The University of Waikato.
Scholarship winners are mentored and supported through university and can expect to gain employment in a variety of positions, either on-farm or in the support areas in dairying.
Eligibility and criteria
- Applicants need to have NCEA Level 3 or better and be either a New Zealand Citizen or New Zealand Permanent Resident. The scholarship is tenable up to four years and pays the full, formal annual tuition fees – up to a maximum of $6325 per year.
- Students need to be registered in a full-time course at either Lincoln University, Massey University or The University of Waikato by 31 March in the year of the award and satisfactorily complete course work in each year preceding re-application.
- The scholarship will be awarded on the recommendation of a Dairy Industry Scholarships Selection Committee comprising representatives from the New Zealand dairy industry, Lincoln, Massey and Waikato Universities.
The scholarships are awarded based on:
- Evidence of and/or planned activity to support the New Zealand dairy industry.
- Academic merit.
- Evidence of potential leadership skills and/or service to the community or sporting activities etc.
- Agreement to contribute to the development and promotion of New Zealand dairy industry (such as school promotional visits, career days etc).
- Academic performance in the previous year of the course for re-application by existing scholars.
Application and contacts
Complete the scholarship application form at the bottom of this page and forward your completed application to:
Susan Stokes, Industry Education Facilitator
DairyNZ Limited, Private Bag 3221, Hamilton
Academic results must be forwarded once they are available.
The closing date for 2016 applications 7 December 2015.
For More Information: