As part of a special information programme mandated by the United Nations General Assembly, the UN Department of Public Information – Strategic Communications Division – Palestine, Decolonization and Human Rights Section organizes an annual training programme for Palestinian media practitioners. The programme aims to provide hands-on skills training on different topics, as well as access to UN officials and diplomats. The participants are usually aged between 23 and 33.Since it started in 1995, more than 150 journalists/trainees have benefited from the programme.
(1) Work in the field of journalism and print/online media, (2) mastery of the English Language, and (3) be between the ages of 23-33 years.
- The United Nations will cover the costs of travel and accommodation.
- The selection process will take place in NewYork and the Department of Public Information will directly inform participants who have been selected.
- Applications from candidates employed within the UN system will not be considered.
- Participants will be required to comply with all rules of the programme and submit a final project, in order to ensure successful completion of the programme.
- Only applications completed through the online form will be accepted.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 2016 United Nations Training Programme for Palestinian Media Practitioners