Google is committed to helping the innovators of the future make the most of their talents by providing scholarships and networking retreats for computer science students with disabilities.
Recipients of the 2016 Google Lime Scholarship will each receive a scholarship for the 2016-2017 academic year. Selected students will also be invited to attend the annual Google Scholars’ Retreat at the Googleplex in Mountain View, California, in 2016.
Candidates will also be considered for software engineering internship opportunities with Google. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of candidates’ academic background and demonstrated passion for computer science – $10,000 for those studying in the US and $5,000 for those studying in Canada (based on tuition costs).
2016 Scholarship Applicants must match the following criteria:
- An undergraduate, graduate or PhD student currently enrolled at a university in the U.S. or Canada (freshmen/first years and international students studying in the U.S. or Canada are eligible to apply); and also
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full time student at a university in the U.S. or Canada in the 2016-2017 academic year
- Pursuing a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field (such as software engineering; or electrical engineering with a heavy computer science course load)
- Maintaining a strong academic performance
- A student with a visible or invisible disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term, or recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider to be a daily function); this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a commitment to and passion for computer science and technology
- Previous Google Lime Scholars are unfortunately not able to be considered
Application Deadline: Sunday, December 6th at midnight PST.
Recommendations are due on Sunday, December 13th at midnight PST.
How to apply:
Candidates apply via The Lime Network and provide:
- Contact, education and experience information
- Current resume & unoffficial transcripts
- Three essays – this is your opportunity to show us your passion for computer science
- Two recommendation letters from a professor, adviser or supervisor
For More Information: