2017 United Nations Training Programme for Palestinian Media Practitioners
annual training programme for Palestinian journalists
Application Deadline: Monday, 22 May 2017 [11:59 P.M. Palestine time].
As part of a special information programme mandated by the United Nations General Assembly, the UN Department of Public Information – Strategic Communications Division – Palestine, Decolonization and Human Rights Section organizes an annual training programme for Palestinian journalists. The programme aims to provide hands-on skills training on media related topic/s as well as exposethe selected journalists to the work of the United Nations, especially its various activities and programmes affecting the lives of the people in theregion.
The participants are usually aged between 23 and 33.
Since it started in 1995, 180 journalists/trainees have benefited from the programme.
(1) At least one year of work experience in the field of journalism and print/online/broadcast media.
(2) Mastery of the English Language.
(3) Candidates should be between the ages of 23-33 years.
- The United Nations will cover the costs of travel and accommodation.
- The Department of Public Information will directly inform participants who have been selected.
- Applications from candidates employed within the UN system will not be considered.
- Participants will be required to comply with all rules of the programme and submit final projects, in order to ensure successful completion of the programme.
- Only applications completed through the online form will be accepted.
For More Information: