Application Deadline: Nov. 20, 2017.
The Asia Foundation is now accepting applications for the 2018 Asia Foundation Development Fellows: Emerging Leadership for Asia’s Future program. The 2018 Fellowship class will be the fifth cohort of this prestigious program, launched in 2014 to engage and empower a dynamic community of emerging leaders from all over Asia. Applications will be accepted through Nov. 20, 2017.
The Development Fellows program reflects The Asia Foundation’s six-decade tradition of investing in the region’s most promising future leaders. Each year, the program brings together an accomplished group of emerging changemakers (under 40 years of age)—NGO and civil society leaders, government officials and policymakers, social entrepreneurs, journalists, environmentalists, and academics—who are deeply committed to building an inclusive Asia.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Asia Foundation Development Fellows must:
- Have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise – governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation;
- Be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields and within their larger community;
- Be under 40 years of age by January 1, 2018;
- Be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results are not required);
- Be available and able to participate in all program components on the program dates specified; and
- Be resident nationals or citizens of the following countries where The Asia Foundation has programs: Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Cambodia; China; India; Indonesia; Japan; Korea; Laos; Malaysia; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Pakistan; Philippines; Singapore; Sri Lanka; Thailand; Timor-Leste; and, Vietnam.
THE 2018 PROGRAM AND IMPORTANT DATES
The 2018 program will be conducted in South Korea, Sri Lanka, and USA (San Francisco, New York, and Washington DC) with a flexible small grant award of US $5,000 provided.
November 20, 2017 (Monday, 11:59pm [PST]): Application deadline
January 2018: Selection finalized
April 14-29, 2018: South Korea – Leadership Training Program; Sri Lanka – Workshop on Asian Development
September 16 – October 1, 2018: USA – Leadership Dialogue and Exchange
For More Information: