Application Deadline: February 14, 2018 at 3 pm ET.
The Macy Faculty Scholars Program is designed to identify and nurture the careers of promising educational innovators in medicine and nursing. With support from the Macy Foundation, scholars will implement new educational innovations at their home institutions and participate in career development activities that prepare them for leadership roles.
Each candidate must:
- Be a doctorally-prepared faculty member in good standing at the sponsoring school.
- Have served for five or more years as a faculty member, ideally at the sponsoring school.
- Have an identified faculty mentor who will provide advice on the candidate’s project and career development.
- Have an educational innovation project with the appropriate institutional support.
- Have an institutional commitment for the protection of at least 50% of the applicant’s time.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or its territories.
Additionally, each candidate must be nominated by the dean of their nursing or medical school. There can be no more than one nominee per nursing or medical school, and a nursing or medical school with a first year Macy Faculty Scholars is precluded from nominating a candidate during this year.
Chosen scholars will receive:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwWER3yl45cSalary support of up to $100,000 per year for two years
- At least 50 percent protected time for two years to pursue educational projects
- Active mentorship by a senior faculty member at their institution
- Access to the program’s National Advisory Committee
- Opportunities to participate in the Macy Faculty Scholars alumni network and attend the Annual Macy Faculty Scholars Meeting
For More Information: