Application Deadline: September 3rd 2017
WHEN & WHERE? 15-20 November 2017, Naypyidaw, Myanmar
The Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) is an intergovernmental process established in 1996 to foster dialogue and
cooperation between Asia and Europe. Presently it comprises 53 partners: 30 European and 21 Asian countries, the European Union and the ASEAN Secretariat. ASEM addresses Political, Economic, and Social, Cultural &
Educational issues of common interest, in a spirit of mutual respect and equal partnership.
Model ASEM is your first-hand introduction to the exciting world of diplomacy, negotiation and international relations. Being a simulation of the ASEM Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (ASEM FMM), at the Model ASEM you have the chance to step into the shoes of ASEM Foreign Ministers and along with other students, debate and exchange perspectives on current political and bi-regional issues.
In conjunction with the 13th ASEM Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (ASEMFMM13)
- Citizens of any of the 51 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) partner countries Students between 18-30 years old, with sincere interest in international relations
- Strong command of English (verbal and written)
- 150 participants selected through an Open Call
- The Open Call and the screening process will ensure a non-discriminative approach assuring an even geographic representation, gender balance and fair access to the opportunity for all.
- No registration or participation fees for the selected participants. Accommodation, meals and travel subsidy will be provided
For More Information: