Application Deadline: May 1st 2016
The “Young Ambassadors Programme” (YAP) is part of the four-year programme “Addressing Europe’s Unfinished Business” (AEUB) and aims to enable participation of young representatives from countries which are members of the Council of Europe, plus Belarus, Kazakhstan and Kosovo in the annual Conference held in Caux, Switzerland and further involvement in other activities of the Initiatives of Change (IofC) network.
Addressing Europe’s Unfinished Business (AEUB) is a four-year programme that seeks to engage European citizens from all backgrounds to conceive and participate in actions developing a spirit of partnership and solidarity across Europe in order to achieve the needed peacebuilding efforts in this continent. This programme reaches out to the 50 countries which are officially recorded as European, members of the Council of Europe and/or the European Union.
Objectives of the Programme:
- To give a voice to young Europeans who are passionate to build a common future based on shared European values.
- To invite them to contribute to, and promote, a richer mutual understanding of beliefs, values, identity, history and cultures through a collective learning experience.
- To offer an opportunity to enrich themselves and others ethically and culturally, through the sharing of personal experiences.
Become a young ambassador to AEUB to:
- Share with other participants of all ages your own beliefs, values, identity, history and culture.
- Learn from, and exchange knowledge with other Europeans in an inspiring place.
- Take your testimony back to your country and work to inspire change!
- Applicants must be aged 18-25 and nationals of a European country (kindly check the list below). To become an ambassador fill in the application online then send your CV and motivation letter (max. one page) along with a proof of nationality to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make sure to indicate your NAME, AGE and NATIONALITY both in the subject and message body.
- LIST OF ELIGIBLE EUROPEAN COUNTRIES FOR THE YOUNG AMBASSADORS PROGRAMME (YAP) 2016
Note that participants from countries marked with an asterisk (*) are required to apply for a visa to enter Switzerland.
Albania – Andorra – Armenia* – Austria – Azerbaijan* – Belarus* – Belgium – Bosnia and Herzegovina – Bulgaria – Croatia – Cyprus – Czech Republic – Denmark – Estonia -.Finland -France – Georgia* – Germany – Greece – Hungary – Iceland – Ireland – Italy – Kazakstan* – Kosovo* – Latvia – Liechtenstein – Lithuania – Luxembourg – Malta – Monaco – Montenegro – Netherlands – Norway – Poland – Portugal – Republic of Moldova – Romania – Russian Federation* – San Marino – Serbia – Slovak Republic – Slovenia – Spain – Sweden – Switzerland – Macedonia – Turkey* – Ukraine* – United Kingdom
The selection process will privilege the balance among nationalities in order to maintain an equal representation of countries (i.e. one, max. two young ambassadors per country, on the basis of thenumber of applications received).
The YAP scholarship covers:
a) full board in Caux during 6 days/nighs
b) your conference registration fee of 50.- CHF, which you need to pay in advance and will be reimbursed after the successful completion of the conference, when checking out on Sunday 24 July, 2016;
c) two-way transportation by coach and visit to the Jean Monnet Foundation in Lausanne
The YAP scholarship does NOT cover:
a) your travel expenses to and from Caux;
b) your visa expenses, if required;
c) any other personal expenses in or outside Caux.
For More Information: