Application Deadline: 22 September 2017
Amnesty International UK (AIUK)’s Individuals at Risk Programme oversees the organisation’s work with and for individuals at risk. The programme directs campaigning on behalf of particular individuals at risk, and aims to support the wider casework needs of the organisation through enabling other parts of the organisation to work on or with cases, identifying tactical opportunities, developing and leading on project work and maintaining the organisations portfolio on casework.
Between 1 November and 31 December AIUK will run its annual Write for Rights Campaigns, asking supporters to put pen to paper in the form of a greetings card or a letter, in solidarity and defence of people’s human rights and Individuals at Risk around the world.
Through helping to create positive change for individuals, ‘Write for Rights’ and the focus of activities around 10 December will also provide opportunities to motivate and inspire existing and potential supporters and raise Amnesty’s visibility.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel
- Administration/clerical skills
- Ability to use email
- Accuracy and good attention to detail
- Experience of office administration systems
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Experience of using initiative and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet regular deadlines
- Flexible approach to work
- Reliability and punctuality
- Understanding of and sympathy with the aims and objectives of Amnesty International
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience of database entry
- Experience of working in a close and busy team environment
- Experience of, or willingness and ability to learn about, campaigning techniques and projects
- Experience of, or willingness and ability to learn about, working with activists
- Knowledge of social media
- Experience of organising events
- Ability to innovate and be creative
Apply for this role
For more information about this role please read the task form below. If you are interested in applying please complete the application form also below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on 08 September 2017.
Interviews will take place on 22 September 2017
For More Information: