Amos Bursary Kings, UCL & BPP Scholarship 2019
Application Deadline-31st March 2019
We attract, develop, mentor and sponsor, the next generation of ambitious young men from schools and sixth form colleges in London. They participate in intensive programmes for personal and professional development, and are given the tools and techniques to make informed choices about their futures professions.
We work closely with organisations to provide students with the opportunities and experiences to ensure they are work ready, and universities to provide scholarships for those in need.
The students learn how to be flexible in their thinking and approach to work and acquire the best social and ‘people’ skills to access professional careers. We create positive role models – our future leaders in their lives and within society
Who is eligible?
Kings College London If you have applied or secured a place to study at Kings College London, you can also apply for an Amos Bursary UCL Scholarship (£1,000 per annum) and join the Amos Bursary in September just before you start university. If you are on your gap year and have been offered an unconditional place at Kings College and have been offered a place on the Amos Bursary you can start with immediate effect. King’s College London is one of the top 25 universities by the QS World University Rankings 2016.
University College London (UCL) If you have applied or secured a place to study at UCL, you can also apply for an Amos Bursary UCL Scholarship (£1,000 per annum) and join the Amos Bursary in September just before you start university. If you are on your gap year and have been offered an unconditional place at UCL and have been offered a place on the Amos Bursary you can start with immediate effect We are particularly interested in students wishing to study Law, Arts, Humanities and Social Science. UCL is one of the world’s top ten universities by the QS World University Rankings 2016.
BPP University BPP University is the UK’s first independent private university dedicated to Business and the Professions. BPP University offers full three year scholarships to study Business Studies. The successful recipient will be awarded a full scholarship for the duration of their programme at BPP subject to satisfactory academic progress.
Successful scholarship applicants will automatically become a member of the Amos Bursary and will be required to attend mentor & student relations meetings, supporters meetings, development days and make the most of the opportunities offered by the Amos Bursary. Recipients of scholarships are not eligible to receive the annual £500 Amos Bursary.
Scholarship Eligibility Tests
You will need to have the following information to complete the form:
- Your contact details
- Your GCSE grades
- Your AS Level grades (if applicable)
- Your predicted A Level grades (if known)
- Your A Level grades (if applicable)
- Your Parent(s)/Guardian(s) contact details
- Contact details of a teacher/senior member of staff at your school/College
- Your Personal Statement (a maximum of 500 words):
You will need to provide a Personal Statement which tells us about yourself and why you should be given a place on The Amos Bursary Programme. In a maximum of 500 words, Your personal statement should consist of three paragraphs: My Background, My Present and My Future. It will roughly fill one side of A4 paper. In a maximum of 500 words, tell us about yourself and why you should be given a place on The Amos Bursary Programme Your personal statement should consist of three paragraphs: My Background, My Present and My Future. It will roughly fill one side of A4 paper. The notes below may help. You are not required to answer all the questions below – use them only if you find them helpful.
- My Background: Write about your family and yourself. What do your parent(s) / guardian(s) do for a living? Describe your background your highs and lows and what lessons your parents/guardians have taught you about life?
- My Present: Write about your GCSE results and the A Levels you have chosen. Which University do you plan to attend and what course of study do you intend to pursue? Write about what is interesting about the subjects you study. Write about anything you do outside of school – extra-curricular activities – e.g. do you play for a team or in a band or are you involved in any kind of Youth group or Drama group? Do you help anyone in any way either in school or outside of school? What do you read, what films do you like, are you interested in Politics or Religion?
- My Future: When you complete University and start work, how would you like to help make society fairer? How would you like to make the world a better place in which to live?
For More Information: