The objective of this application process is to support the development and implementation of innovative and collaborative approaches that improve the integration of highly skilled newcomers into the Canadian labour market.
The Government of Canada is accepting applications from organizations interested in receiving up to $800,000 in funding from the Foreign Credential Recognition Program (FCRP) per project that is up to 30 months in duration. Approximately 15 organizations will receive funding through this process.
The instructions for this process are outlined in six sections. We recommend that you read all of the sections before you start your application. Not doing so could result in an incomplete application and its rejection from this process.
This is a two-step process. In the first step, we invite you to submit an overview of your project concept. Note that this step is competitive therefore, not all applications will proceed to the next step. If your application is retained, you will be invited to develop a full project proposal. Specific instructions will be given to successful applicants at that time.
Your organization must meet the eligibility criteria to apply for this program. Otherwise, your application will not be considered.
- The application must be received by Thursday, April 11, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- The funding requested from ESDC does not exceed $800,000
- The project concept is no longer than 30 months in duration
- The application is from an eligible organization:
- Regulatory body;
- Professional association;
- Not-for-profit organization;
- Industry association;
- Union; or
- Post-secondary institution.
- The project concept targets highly skilled newcomers
- The project concept demonstrates how it will improve the integration of highly skilled newcomers into the Canadian labour market
- The project concept demonstrates how it uses an innovative approach
- The project concept demonstrates how it uses a collaborative approach
- The application follows the format requested in the section How to complete your application, and is presented clearly
This section describes how we will assess your project concept to determine its overall quality.
- Objective: The project concept supports the development and implementation of innovative and collaborative approaches that improve the integration of highly skilled newcomers into the Canadian labour market.
- Results: The expected results are well articulated and clearly linked to the proposed activities and the objective of the project.
- Need: The project concept addresses a well-defined need, and demonstrates how it will benefit the target sector/occupation and newcomers.
- Innovative: The project concept demonstrates how it will test new programs, services, or systems, or rethink/adapt an existing approach to address specific barriers to the integration and employment of highly skilled newcomers into the Canadian labour market.
- Collaborative: The project concept demonstrates how it will use a collaborative approach to improve the integration of highly skilled newcomers into the Canadian labour market.
- Timelines: Timelines of activities and deliverables are clear and the project can be delivered in the stated time.
- Budget: Costs are reasonable to support the proposed deliverables.
- Experience and expertise: The organization has the experience and expertise to carry out the project or indicates how they will obtain that expertise to ensure the success of the project (for example through collaboration or contracting).
Your application must be submitted by Thursday, April 11, 2019, at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered further. Only one project per organization will be reviewed. You must provide your answers in a document that is compatible with Microsoft Word, as described in the section How to complete your application. Any documents submitted that are not requested as part of this application process will not be reviewed.
Submit your application
- You can submit your application by email to NC-DGOP-POB-RTCE-FCR-GD2@servicecanada.gc.ca.
- You can submit your application by mail to the address below. Your package must be postmarked by Canada Post or a mail carrier of your choosing by the closing date of the call.
Note: Applications cannot be submitted through other means, including cloud storage service providers such as Dropbox or Google Drive. Applications sent using such means will not be retained.
Foreign Credential Recognition Program
Coordination Unit, Mailstop 402
National Grants & Contributions Delivery Centre (ESDC)
140 Promenade du Portage, Phase IV, 4th Floor
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0J9
For More Information:
Visit the Official website of Employment and Social Development Canada