Application Deadline: October 31st 2015
IREX Seeks Academic and Professional Experts
IREX is seeking qualified experts to read and score applications for the 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders. Over the course of the first two years IREX received 80,000 applications for 1,000 slots, so your talents and expertise in scoring applications is greatly appreciated!
The Mandela Washington Fellowship is the flagship program of President Obama’s Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI), and is designed to support young African leaders as they spur growth and prosperity, strengthen democratic governance, and enhance peace and security across Africa.
In the summer of 2016, the Mandela Washington Fellowship will bring 1,000 young leaders to the United States for academic coursework and leadership training and will create unique opportunities in Africa for Fellows to put new skills to practical use in leading organizations, communities, and countries. Last year’s Fellowship was a huge success, and we look forward to another great year!
- Ideal readers are academics and/or professionals with expertise in one of the program’s thematic areas (business and entrepreneurship, civic leadership, or public management) or those who have experience working in Africa.
- In 2016 IREX will pilot a specialized Institute on energy, so readers with expertise in this sector are also encouraged.
- Readers will be responsible for evaluating program applicants based on set guidelines and a scoring rubric for the Mandela Washington Fellowship.
- IREX is seeking experts to review applications from early-November to December.
- Readers will read 40 applications and may receive a $100 honorarium for their service (please note that US government employees and contractors will be assigned 30 applications, but are not eligible to receive an honorarium).
- Please note that for readers who do not have a US mailing address, we are unable to give you an honorarium due to the high cost of international money transfers.
- If you are interested in participating as a reader for the Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders, please complete the application form no later than October 31, 2015.
- You will be asked to upload your resume, and IREX will confirm with you via email whether you are selected to be a reader
For More Information: