Submission Deadline: 20 July 2016, 0:00 CET
The Competition is open and all artists interested in billboard art are invited to take part. The works should be submitted by the 20 July 2016, 0:00 CET via electronic mail to the address: artmoves(at)tlen.pl
- 10 most interesting works will be displayed on billboards in the city space during the Art Moves Festival in September / October 2016 in Torun, Poland.
- The author of the most interesting work will receive the Main Award in the amount of PLN 5.000 (about EUR 1 139, USD 1 289).
Artists are invited to prepare an artwork in response to this year’s competition theme Under pressure. How to be yourself in the contemporary oppressive world?
This competition slogan can be treated as a metaphor of all the processes taking place in the world today. We live under constant pressure: of time, perfection, success, exorbitant requirements. Different pressure groups – politicians, media, corporations, fundamentalists, radicals – exert pressure on us. However, not only they – we also exert pressure on ourselves. Omnipresent pressure and chaos of contradictory messages we receive intensify our fear.
Our internal pressure is growing – it tells us to constantly raise the bar, work more and faster, live more intensely. The pressure never stops – we experience it from the cradle to the grave. How to be yourself in such a situation? The advertising message we are bombarded with tells us: be yourself and at the same time be like others and choose this or that product. Is it possible to be yourself and like others at the same time? What does it mean to be yourself? Is it worth being yourself – the only one, unique human being? How to do it in the contemporary oppressive world?
- The format of the competition work should be 498cm x 243 cm (196 inches x 95.7 inches) in a horizontal layout, 100 dpi, cmyk, tiff.
- In order to take part in the Competition, the artist has to send a completed entry form and attach a preview of the submitted work in the following format: 30 cm x 14,6cm (11,8 inches x 5,7 inches) in a horizontal layout, 72 dpi, jpg.
- Each jpg file should be named with the artist’s first and last name. If more works are submitted, use numbers 1 to 3 in addition to the first and last name e.g. adam_smith_1, adam_smith_2,adam_smith_3.
For More Information: