Application Deadline: December 31st 2017
Biodiversity is one of the important areas of cooperation between the EU and ASEAN this year. The ASEAN Centre for Biodiversity (ACB) showcases the initiatives of both regional organisations in addressing the issue. The ASEAN Heritage Parks programme is also dedicated to preserve the nature and promote eco-tourism in Southeast Asia. There are 38 national parks in ASEAN Member States dedicated as the ASEAN Heritage Parks.
With biodiversity as a grand theme, the ASEAN-EU youth competition is aimed at enhancing people-to-people connectivity among ASEAN Member States and engaging the youth as the agents of support for this important cause.
This competition is also organised to raise awareness on the importance of the issue of protecting the environment, to care about nature, to promote eco-tourism in the Southeast Asia region, and to preserve the rich biodiversity in the ASEAN region.
Here’s what you need to do to join:
- Record a one minute video of people doing something good for the environment near you
- Write a short story in English
- Upload the video to YouTube with the hashtag #MyNatureMyHero
- Submit the link of your video and your short story to this microsite
- Fill in your information in the application form
The winning videos should exhibit the following qualities:
- Good Message: The Video should bring relevant messages (i.e. illustrating or explaining people’s contributions to biodiversity conservation) to the audience.
- Good Quality Video: Audio, visual and post-editing if any should meet basic quality standards.
- Link with the EU: The video should mention ASEAN Centre for Biodiversity, EU’s Biodiversity Conservation and Management of Protected Areas in ASEAN (BCMPA) Program, or any other EU support to nature protection in ASEAN Heritage Park.
- Link with ASEAN Heritage Parks: The Heritage Parks should be made visible in the video, e.g. though snap-shots of a Heritage Park staff, logo, map or document.
- Fun Factor: Though accurate and rigorous on content, the video should engage and appeal to a wide audience e.g. through humour, or present day, offbeat references. It could also be thought-provoking but should not be offensive to any group or individual.
For More Information: