Application Deadline: 2 August 2016 , 15:59 GMT ( or 23:59hrs in Manila time )
Are We There Yet? Our Journey to a Sustainable Transport Future ” is a video competition for the youth. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) will be hosting the 5 h ADB Transport Forum in September. The premier gathering on sustainable transport in Asia and the Pacific, the event regularly draws international development and
transport experts, government leaders and heads of private sector to discuss the latest policies, issues and best practices affecting transport and development in the region.
- This year, we want the youth to be involved. If you are between 18 and 25 years old and a citizen of an ADB member country*, we want you to show us how you see transport in the future through a video of up to 3 minutes.
What is the contest theme about? “Are we there yet?” is a common question encountered in most journeys, and it can mean two things:
eagerness to reach a destination or impatience with a long trip. Either way, sustainable transport begs the same question :
- Are we there yet?
- How can we make travelling faster and better?
What’s the prize?
- There will be two (2) winners: a Judges’ Choice Award and a People’s Choice Award.
- The 2 winners will receive an all-expenses paid trip (transportation, accommodation and daily allowance) to Manila, Philippines to participate in the ADB Transport Forum 2016 on 13-15 September 2016.
- The 2 winners will be introduced during the youth session of the event.
- Besides a live screening, the videos will also be posted on the corporate and transport social media channels, and it will be shared in the ADB Transport newsletter.
- The prize is not convertible to cash.
Who can join and how?
1. Any citizen from ADB’s member countries * between 18 and 25 years old. ADB staff, consultants,contractors, dependents and their immediate family (spouse, child, mother, father, brother or sister) are not eligible to join.
2. Participants can submit more than 1 video entry. First, download and complete the
registration form. Second, upload video entry/entries on YouTube.com, Vimeo.com, or Youku.com. Email the registration form and video link to: email@example.com.
Deadline for submissions is on or before 12 August 2016 , 15:59 GMT ( or 23:59hrs in Manila time )
3. Promote your video online by sharing it on Facebook and Twitter. On Facebook, tag Asian Development Bank– Transport , and be sure to set your post to public so we can see it. For Twitter, tag @adbtransport. To increase chances of winning, participants are highly encouraged to get support from their family and friends to like, comment, favorite, share and retweet their entries.
4. Use the official contest hashtag on your social media posts: #ADBAreWeThereYet
5. By joining the competition, participants signify that they are willing to make the necessary travel arrangements in time for the ADB Transport Forum, should their video entry win the Judges’ Choice or People’s Choice Award.
Winners are not allowed to send representatives on their behalf.
What to submit?
• Each video entry must relate to the theme of the competition and forum. The entry is an original piece of work and does not infringe on intellectual property rights or rights of any other third party, regardless of country of residence. It is the participant ’s responsibility to clear all aspects of copyright. ADB reserves the right to disqualify from the competition any video entry that does not meet these aforementioned requirements. ADB will also not be held responsible for any violations of copyright or any unauthorized use of images, graphics, video, fonts and other content that is part of the submitted entry.
• A video entry can only be a maximum of 3 minutes in duration. The entry can be in any digital video format and in any genre, including but not limited to animation, documentary, drama, experimental, art, testimonial, etc. We also encourage the use of mobile phones to film your videos! It is a convenient and handy tool when you’re in your journey or when an idea hits you.
• The competition only welcomes new videos. Submissions produced and shared prior to 16 May 2016 will not be accepted.
• Entries can use any language, provided entries not using English have English subtitles
at the bottom of their videos to facilitate selection, knowledge sharing and public outreach.
• Entries containing rude, unlawful, discriminatory, sexually explicit or libelous material, or content, material or any element that violates any applicable law in the country where it was shot , created and edited will not be accepted.
• Entries must not contain any third party advertising, slogan, logo, or trademark or any
indication that the video is sponsored or endorsed by a third party or commercial entity.
It must not also contain any content, material or element that does reflect the spirit of the contest, as determined by ADB, in its sole discretion.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Asia Development Bank (ADB) Transport Forum 2016 Youth Video Competition