Application Deadline: 26 September 2017
The Australia Council International Leadership Program supports arts professionals from eligible Asia Pacific countries to join two leadership programs in Australia:
The Arts Leaders Program is for mid-career and established arts professionals. Activities run over a 12 month period and include three trips to Australia to attend five-day residential workshops.
The Future Leaders Program is for arts professionals who are in the first 10 years of their career. Activities run over a six month period and include two trips to Australia to attend five-day residential workshops. This program offers an optional secondment at an Australian arts institution during one of the visits.
Both programs also include online meetings, course materials, a leadership project and engagement with other participants via an online learning platform.
Who can apply?
Arts professionals from the following countries can apply:
- Papua New Guinea
The program will be delivered in English and you must have proficient English language skills to join.
In addition to the program criteria, to be eligible to apply all applicants must:
- be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing the Program
- not have Australian permanent resident status or be applying for permanent residency
- be a citizen of and residing in an eligible country (see above). The applicant’s country of citizenship and residency may differ
- not be current serving military personnel
- not be married or engaged to, or be a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency
- have been working in their country of citizenship or residency and in an area relevant to the Program preceding the date of the proposed commencement of the Program
- be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection for a visa (subclass 500)
- be able to travel without family members as the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) will only provide visa support letters for individual participants, not their family members
- have an adequate level of English language ability to be able to fully participate in the program.
There are five places available in each program. If your application is successful, you will receive a full scholarship that covers air travel to and from Australia, visa applications, accommodation and access to online materials. There is no fee to join the program.
How to apply?
Applications close 26 September 2017 and must be submitted online.
Each program has its own selection criteria which you can find by visiting the respective webpage. All applications must also satisfy the below additional eligibility criteria.
Refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) webpage for more information.
Please contact the Australia Council if you have any questions via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on +61 2 9215 9036.
For More Information: