The Department of Employment offers career opportunities to university graduates interested in supporting national policies and programmes that help Australians find and keep employment and work in safe, fair and productive workplaces.
The Internship Programme has been running since 2006 and is designed to address skill shortages in ICT areas across the Department. Interns will be engaged on a non-ongoing basis at the APS Level 1 for an initial period of three months, with the option to be extended. As an ICT Intern you will gain paid experience in the ICT environment, whilst providing the flexibility to complete your degree.
The Department is seeking to employ ICT Graduates for the Department of Employment Graduate Programme. It is our intention to fill our graduate positions with the most promising participants in our ICT Internship Programme, commencing from December 2015.
- To be eligible for the Department of Employment ICT Internship Programme you must be an Australian citizen and have no more than three semesters remaining of your ICT degree.
- While primarily intended for students, the ICT Internship Programme is also open to people already holding ICT degrees.
The Department’s ICT discipline creates exciting opportunities for Interns in various ICT roles across the Department, including but not limited to:
- Web development (including Drupal)
- Development/coding (Mainframe, CoolGen, Windows, .Net, Database)
- Project management
- ICT forensics
- Production support
- Business analysis
- Database administration (Mainframe, SQL)
- Data analytics (SAS)
- Systems architecture
- Network and communications
- Multi-media platforms
- Security operations
Examples of relevant ICT qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Information and Communications Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology in Mainframe Computing
- Bachelor or Engineering in Network and Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Business Information Systems
- Bachelor of Design and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Graphics
- Bachelor of Business Informatics
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Computer Applications
- A resourceful team player
- Good communication skills
- A willingness to undertake challenging ICT roles
- A commitment to personal development
- Someone who values diversity
- The ability to think strategically
How to Apply:
- Applications for the 2015/16 Internship Programme will open on Monday 12 October 2015 and close 12:00 AEST, Friday 6 November 2015.
- To apply please see the Jobs at the Department of Employment website