Submission Deadline: 11:59 pm CDT on September 14th, 2018
This challenge is open to all students, grades K-college, enrolled in a school in the United States or Canada.
The Send Your Logo to Space competition is seeking a student-designed logo to use for the $1 million+ Base 11 Space Challenge! A logo is the face of a brand, and we need you to help us craft that! Whether you are in elementary school through college, an experienced graphic designer or an artsy amateur, we welcome you to bring your creativity.
This is your chance to send your logo to space!
The Base 11 Space Challenge is a $1M+ prize for a student-led team to design, build, and launch a liquid-propelled, single stage rocket to an altitude of 100 kilometers (The Karman Line) by December 30, 2021.
- The Challenge is open to legal residents of the United States and Canada who are enrolled in elementary school, junior high school, high school, college or university at the time of entry (“Innovator”).
- If Innovator is under the age of eighteen, Innovator’s parent or guardian must sign the required Consent Form and the Challenge Specific Agreement (CSA).
Base 11 is committed to awarding up to $2,500 in overall prize money as follows:
Overall Grand Winner: $1,500 (one (1) winner);
Crowd Favorite: $500 (one (1) winner);
Category Winners: (one (1) winner for each category):
- Elementary School Winner (Grades K-5): $125
- Middle School Winner (Grades 6-8): $125
- High School Winner (Grades 9-12): $125
College Winner: $125
How to Enter.
There is no purchase necessary to enter the Challenge. To enter, eligible participants must:
- Download and complete the Official Entry Form and accept the CSA, which is incorporated into these Official Rules by reference. Innovators must include all data requested on the Official Entry Form for the entry to be valid. Incomplete Submissions as well as Submissions received before or after the Entry Period are void;
- Create a logo based on your own original idea;
- Convert your creation into a usable format:
- JPEG with minimum print resolution of 300 dpi;
- Original source file;
- All words should be in English.
- Submit the Official Entry Form, logo, and any other required documents (“Submission”) through the Base 11 Space Challenge Contest Page via upload to the HeroX.com website, before the Entry Deadline.
- While they won’t be used in the judging, Innovators are encouraged to submit a 30-second video telling us why he/she want his/her logo to go to space!
- Innovators should refer to Base 11’s Style Guidefor the appropriate color scheme and font recommendations.
- Innovators should watch the Base 11 Space Challenge videos for inspiration!
- When designing your logo, it is a good idea to avoid similarity to famous logos or brands, including using similar catch phrases. For example, a logo that says “Just Launch It” may be confusingly similar to Nike’s famous “Just Do It” catchphrase. Likewise, you should avoid similarity to logos that are obviously connected to rockets, space travel, or other similar areas of ventures. For example, don’t design your logo to looks like the NASA logo. In short, the logos should reflect original thought, creativity, and innovation.
For More Information: