BBC Launchpad Fund Horizons scheme 2017 for emerging musicians ( £2,000 award)
Application Deadline: Monday, 30 October, 2017.
The Launchpad Fund helps talented artists or bands in Wales further their music careers by providing them with vital access to finance. Part of the Horizons scheme, the Launchpad fund is a resource which helps talented artists or bands in Wales to further their music careers by providing them with vital access to finance.
Launchpad, as implied by the name, is for bands or artists starting out on their musical journey or those who are at a crucial point in their development. It aims to help support activities that will help artist or bands fulfil their potential. We’re looking for artists/bands that can demonstrate interest from audiences and those that work in the music industry (such as venues or critics) but need support to enable them to carry out an activity that will enable them to increase their reach.
Launchpad will be open to Wales based artists/bands writing, producing and performing original contemporary popular music. These contemporary music genres include indie, electronic, urban, pop, rock, world, folk and emerging contemporary music genres.
- Eligible bands must have a significant proportion of the group living in Wales.
- Solo artists must live in Wales.
- Artists/bands must be able to prove that they are over 18 years of age on the date of entry.
- Artists/bands must also comply with the terms and conditions set out below.
- Artist/bands can apply only once.
What kind of activity might Launchpad Support?
What could take your music careers ‘to the next level’? It might be that you have an opportunity to tour, but can’t meet the costs. Or that you have had positive feedback on your demo but want to record professionally now. It could be that the amp that you’ve got is on its last legs and isn’t going to make it through the gigs you have booked. We’re not limited to these examples but in the application you’ll need to explain:
• How much funding you’re asking for and what it will be spent on?
• What activity the funding will enable you to do?
• How that activity will help your music career.
• Why now is the best time?
- BBC will be offering up to 20 awards of up to £2,000 each.
How to Apply:
You’ll need to fill in an application form, answering all of the questions – .doc file (269kb)
Completed applications will need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Monday, 30 October, 2017.
Unfortunately BBC will not be able to provide feedback on unsuccessful applications.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact via e-mail email@example.com.
For More Information: