BBC Scotland NEXT young Scot
Application Deadline: Friday 8 December 2017,
Do you want to play your part in shaping the future of BBC Scotland?
- Buzzing with ideas about how BBC Scotland can mean more to young people?
- Curious about shaping the future of BBC Scotland TV, radio, websites and social media?
- Eager to change how young people are seen by society and in the media?
If you can answer yes to any of the above, are aged between 14 and 25, and live in Scotland, fill in the form!
You do not have to be someone who regularly watches, reads or listens to BBC Scotland content, and no previous volunteering or media experience is necessary.
Over 18 months you will be working with other young people, and BBC staff, to challenge the perception of young people both within our organisation and across wider society; and to help shape new and exciting ideas for BBC television, radio, social media and websites.
This will involve group work as well as some work to complete in your own time, visits to our centres across Scotland and also possible residential weekends. Over the 18 months you will be expected to attend between six and eight core meetings, plus various other events.
- You don’t need any formal qualifications, just a curiosity for important issues for young people, Scotland and the media. You should be able to work within a group, and have the flexibility, commitment and willingness to travel across Scotland throughout 2018-2019.
- You must be aged between 14-25 on the 1st January 2018.
If you are under the age of 18 you must have the permission of a parent or guardian before applying.
These are voluntary positions, but we will provide all travel, food and accommodation costs during your attendance at meetings and events. Training and support throughout the 18 months will also be provided, including access to creative staff and support workers. You will also:
- Receive in-depth group and individual training to support you in your role
- Get the chance to boost your CV and gain valuable employability and life skills
- Gain recognition through accreditation such as the Youth Achievement and Saltire Awards
- Increase your confidence, communications skills and be empowered to challenge decision makers
- Challenge yourself to be innovative and create wild ideas
- Make friends for life, with the opportunity to meet other young people from across Scotland
At the end of the 18 months, those who are aged 18 or over will also have the opportunity to apply to join the BBC Scotland Runners’ Pool.
This is your chance to make a difference. If you have any questions at all contact Young Scot for free on 0808 801 0338 or email email@example.com.
If you wish to apply using a video or voice recorded application, or have additional support needs, please call or email us so that Young Scot can assist you in making your application.
The closing date for applications is Friday 8 December 2017, and a selection day will be held on Saturday 13 January 2017 in the Young Scot offices in Edinburgh. If you are invited to attend the selection day, but you cannot attend, we will arrange to Skype, Facetime or phone you.
Please complete the following questions. Alternatively you can send in a written (.docx download), video or voice recorded application, or speak to us over the phone.
For More Information: