Application Deadline: July 30, 2018.
The eighth consecutive edition of the Brazil Scholarship PAEC OAS-GCUB 2018 offers more than 500 scholarship opportunities to outstanding citizens of OAS Member States to pursue master’s or doctorate programs in Brazilian Universities. This Partnerships Program for Education and Training (PAEC) between the Organization of American States (OAS) and the Coimbra Group of Brazilian Universities (GCUB), with the support of the Brazilian Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ Division of Educational Topics and the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO / WHO) is open now.
- Applicants must be citizens and/or permanent residents of any OAS Member States except from Brazil*.
- Applicants must not have received other academic scholarships from the OAS or from Brazil for the same level of studies as that for which they want to apply.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) to apply to a Master’s and/or a Doctorate program.
- There is no Portuguese language requirement at the application stage. Those selected to receive the scholarship must show proof of superior intermediate level of Portuguese before completing their studies in Brazil.
- Applications will only be accepted through the online Scholarship Application Form Brazil Scholarships PAEC OAS-GCUB. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for the candidate selection process.
- Full tuition waiver (program cost).
- Partial monthly stipend for living expenses, taking as reference the value of CAPES as the minimum. (Covered by host universities).
NOTE: The monthly stipend DOES NOT intend to cover all living expenses, the student must be prepared and have the necessary funding to complement all living expenses.
- A one-time grant of $1,200 USD to be disbursed once the student arrives at the university, to the first 150 ranked candidates.
- Free Portuguese language support.
- The benefits are available for up to 24 months for Master’s and 48 months for Doctorate degrees.
Student Financial Responsibilities
- Medical Insurance in Brazil
- Additional subsistence expenses
- Visa fees
- Any other expenses not described as benefit of this scholarship
How to Apply:
|Read the scholarship announcement, requirements, benefits, responsibilities and the basis for Brazil Scholarship Program.|
|Review the list of study programs and Brazilian universities participating in this program|
|Select up to three (3) study programs for master’s or doctoral degrees*. Each one of those programs must be in different universities located in different regions in Brazil.
*One of the main objectives of the OAS-GCUB scholarship program is to promote the internationalization and mobilization of students of the Americas to different Brazilian regions. Therefore, the program is designed to favor the equitable distribution of students among participating Brazilian universities. Additionally, applying to three different regions will increase the chances of receiving a scholarship offer from one of the selected institutions, as the number of scholarship openings per university is limited.
|Gather all the application documents required. We recommend beginning this process as early as possible since some universities close for vacations.|
|Fill out completely the Application Form for the Brazil Scholarship PAEC OEA-GCUB 2018, attaching the required application documents. Keep in mind that the system will only be open and receiving applications until 23:59 of the closing date (Washington, D.C. local time)|
|The documents required and submitted in the Application Form for the Brazil Scholarship PAEC OEA-GCUB 2018 will be shared with the universities for the admission process of each study program. It is not necessary that the student apply for admission directly with the universities.|
|Wait for the publication of results with the list of selected candidates for the scholarship.|
For More Informaiton: