Application Deadline: 21 February 2016.
Are you a scientist from ASEAN interested in driving policy debates and data-based decision making to address the most pressing regional and national level challenges? Would you like to expand your professional network within ASEAN and to learn first hand how ASEAN works on issues related to S&T? If you answered yes to these questions, the year-long ASEAN Science and Technology Fellowship may be for you!
- Advance regional cooperation on ASEAN strategic priorities;
- Strengthen science-based policymaking throughout targeted national government ministries and/or bodies; and
- Empower and build the capacity of scientists in ASEAN to take a more prominent role in their respective country’s efforts to integrate into the ASEAN Community.
Apply now for an opportunity to join a team of science leaders exploring opportunities to address key areas of concern and engage in policy making that drives national priorities and affects the lives of citizens in ASEAN. With the support of ASEAN and the U.S. Government, up to 16 Fellows will be chosen from across the region to be embedded in a government ministry in their home country to advance science-based decision-making in one of three priority areas:
1) Sustainable Energy,
2) Climate Change and Climate Variability, and
3) Science, Technology and Innovation Policy.
The deadline for submission of applications is 21 February 2016. The program will begin on June 1, 2016. For more information and to download the application package, please click on the following links: http://www.asean.org/storage/2016/01/7Jan/S&T-Fellows-Program-Application.6jan16FINAL.pdf